Phase III of the Arts Plan process involves convening a series of summits on January 26, February 21 and March 23, 2013 that will bring together artists, arts administrators and supporters in the city’s arts sector to craft informed and visionary targets and strategies for the arts. For more information and to apply to attend these summits, please click here. We will be encouraging ongoing participation in the process through ArtsPlan.ca for those who are unable to attend in person.
available for download here.
- imagineCALGARY Plan for Long Range Urban Sustainability
- The Spirit of Alberta: Alberta’s Cultural Policy (Government of Alberta)
- Strengthening Connections 2011-16: Strategic Plan (Canada Council for the Arts)
- Calgary Civic Arts Policy (The City of Calgary)
Inspiration can often be found in the work of other cities around the world. Here are some that we have uncovered through our work (you may know of others... please share with us!):
- The Art of Living: A Plan for Securing the Future of Arts and Heritage in The City of Edmonton, 2008-2018 (Edmonton Arts Council)
- Culture Plan for the Creative City (City of Toronto)
- The Chicago Cultural Plan 2012 (The City of Chicago’s Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events)
- CreateAustin Cultural Master Plan (City of Austin, Economic Growth & Redevelopment Services Office, Cultural Arts Division)
- City of Reykjavik Culture Policy, 2009-2012
- Sydney 2030: Arts and Culture (City of Sydney)